Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Rendering Futile

In this day and age we are always losing things, especially keys and wallets. It's practically unavoidable. Fortunately, somebody recognized this as a problem and invented this:

This is a device that you can attach to both your wallet and your keys so that you can locate one with the other. It really is quite a brilliant idea for people who are always misplacing one or the other.
Unfortunately, I am not one of those people, and I have lost my wallet AND my keys, proving that most handy inventions are pretty futile if you're a big enough dipstick.
Thus inventing is set back another few years.

... If anybody could find my wallet or keys, that'd be really great. I really need them so I can drive and buy stuff...

4 comments:

Robin said...

Okay, losing your wallet and keys sucks. Like major. I'm sad for you and hope you find them soon.

But as I looked at that design, I just kept thinking that they needed one on the tv remote as well. Not that you would have any better chance of finding them, just to ratchet up the futility level.

Jessica Grosland said...

We should just make everything robotic and android-like. That way, when you lose your keys or your wallet or the remote, you can shout, "OH KEYS! WHERE ARE YOU?" And the little android keychain will come running out from under the sofa, shouting, "HERE I AM!"

The Erin said...

Pickaxe, that is the best idea I've ever heard. You must invent this immediately.

Meg said...

(In response to the above two comments)

And then when the robot apocalypse comes, they can run away and we will be unable to drive or buy stuff or watch tv. But since our cars will be joining the revolution (my mom's car with the push-button start scares me) and the tv networks will be taken over and the stores will be shut down, I guess that won't really matter...